Outside city limits or where ordinances are lacking
The Environmental Health Division protects the public health through control of environmental factors. Registered Sanitarians assure proper compliance with county ordinances and state regulations which protect the public health through regular inspections, issuance of permits and investigation and follow-up of complaints. Radon test kits, Carbon Monoxide kits, and Code books outlining rules and regulations pertaining to food, water, and sewage are available at the office.
• Consultation and review of plans for new construction or major remodeling of restaurants, taverns and food stores.
online information-Basic construction requirements of the Henry/Stark Food Ordinance.
online form-Application for new food service establishments
online form-Application for remodeling current food service establishments
online form-Application for Ownership Change of food service establishment.
online form-Minimum Requirements- Temporary Food Permits
• Classes for Food Service Managers Certification.
• Educational presentations to civic and school groups.
online Form-Food service sanitation manager certification request form
PRIVATE SEWAGE DISPOSAL
• Private sewage Packet for Homeowner
• Private Sewage application for contractor
• Evaluations for loans conducted in accordance with VA, FHA and conventional loan requirements.
• Registration of private sewage contractors.
• Educational materials available.
PRIVATE WATER SUPPLIES
• Homeowners potable water well packet
• Containers available for sampling of well water.
online form-Request for Well Evaluation
online form-Homeowner Septic System Evaluation Information
online form-Water Well Permit
online form-Water Well Sealing form
online form-Water Well Seal Request by Unlicensed Individual
• Registration of water well and pump installers.
online information-Registered sewage contractors, pumpers, drillers, and installers
• Consultation and informational literature available.